[R] R version-2.9.1 for Linux

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Tue Jun 30 16:47:09 CEST 2009

On Tue, 30 Jun 2009, Marc Schwartz wrote:

> There is usually a bit of a delay in the Fedora/EPEL repos releasing a new
> version of R, but I would expect to see something soon.

I have R-2.9.1 on CentOS 5, and did since the day of release
announcement.  I am not so sure it would build on CentOS 4
series, but will test and see.

The source RPM I produced is at:
 	ftp://ftp.owlriver.com/pub/mirror/ORC/R/R-2.9.1-1orc.src.rpm

There is a slight dependency on non-present vi packages under
CentOS 5, but they may be bypassed.  SRPM rebuilding is
covered under CentOS at:
 	http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/RebuildSRPM
and related pages

-- Russ herrold