[R] GeoXp package

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Fri Jun 26 12:34:54 CEST 2009

The problem is that the binary Ubuntu install of gdal has not made sure that
its dependencies are properly satisfied, so you'll need to do this manually.
You can also make sure that the directory the GRASS libraries are found in
is seen by ldconfig, either that or making sure that your running R sees
LD_LIBRARY_PATH. This is a very detailed question, more suited to GRASS or
GDAL lists, or R-sig-geo. You'll see when you have the solution because the
GDAL utilities will work at the shell, for example gdalinfo --formats - I
think that it doesn't at the moment.

Roger Bivand