[R] Difficulties with the simpest table

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 23:35:02 CEST 2009

Hello Dmitry,

On 6/10/09, Dmitry Gospodaryov <gospodaryov at rambler.ru> wrote:
> I have the data arranged in table (in Excel, or Notepad):
>
>         x       y
>
>         0       100
>         2       100
>         4       80
>         6       40
>         8       0
>
>  I need to transfer these data in R file and then going to
>  operate with x and y as with variables. I should note, that I have
>  2.8.1 version. Thank you for advance.

To beginners I often suggest to try Rcmdr, which is a graphical
interface to R that smooths the transition to R. In your specific case
I would export the data from Excel to a .csv file, and then import it
using the "Data > Import data > from text file" menu in Rcmdr.
Afterwards, you can manipulate the data either using the command line
or Rcmdr's statistical menus.
Liviu