[R] fonction PLATEAU???

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Sat Jan 24 19:05:18 CET 2009

Thibault Grava wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am working on extracting data from sound recording (fee bee song of the black-capped chickadee). I obtained a two column matrix with x=time(s) and y=frequency(khz). The part of the recording that is interesting me is when the frequency is stable. Does somebody ever used a fonction that extract only constant data among a huge list of data (sample= 180000)?

I do not quite understand: If the data is constant, why do you want to
extract it in that case?
Anyway, if data is really constant, then try the rle() function which
tells you about the run lengths of constant parts (and you can get end
values by cumsum of the rle output):

x <- c(1,1,1,2,2,2,2,2,1,1)
rle(x)
cumsum(rle(x)$lengths)  # end values