[R] Review my upgrade plan from 2.8.0 to 2.8.1
darentan76 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 12:23:52 CET 2009
On my laptop, R is installed on windows XP SP2 at D:\Program
Files\R\R-2.8.0, and all add-on packages are installed at D:\Program
Files\R\R-2.8.0.libs. In addition, I have created two environment
enviroment to ease upgrading and installation of packages. Packages
installed is a mix of those from CRAN, Bioconductor and local zips.
D:\My Document\My Desktop>echo %R_HOME%
D:\My Document\My Desktop>echo %R_LIBS%
My plans for upgrade. Please give your precious comments to make it as
easy as possible, and error free.
1) Download R-2.8.1 and install at D:\Program Files\R\R-2.8.1.
2) Create a new folder D:/Program Files/R/R-2.8.1.libs, and copy all
the packages from D:/Program Files/R/R-2.8.0.libs to the new one.
3) Update the two environment variables %R_HOME% and %R_LIBS% to
point to the new R-2.8.1 and library
4) Execute R
5) Update CRAN packages via
6) Update Bioconductor packages via
7) Update local zip packages via
Go to menu -> Packages -> Install packages from local zip -> select
the zip file.
R version 2.8.0 (2008-10-20)
attached base packages:
 grid tools stats graphics grDevices utils
datasets methods base
More information about the R-help