[R] help with projection pursuit

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Fri Feb 27 19:22:39 CET 2009

In my experience (and per the help pages now that I look) the predict
functions need named arguments that match up with the column names in
the model and generally this needs to be supplied as a dataframe or a
list.

(note: at least on my machine the rock dataframe does *not* have the
names you offered)

predict(rock.ppr, list(area=10, peri= 3, shape=2))   # or...
predict(rock.ppr, data.frame(area=10, peri= 3, shape=2))

 > predict(rock.ppr, list(area=10, peri= 3, shape=2))
        1
7.118094

--
David Winsemius