[R] error with make

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Fri Feb 13 22:20:51 CET 2009

Lana Schaffer wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to compile the R-dev version on a unix Suse machine
> and got errors.
> Would someone be able to help me determine what to do to fix
> these errors:
> make[2]: Entering directory
> `/lustre/people/schaffer/R-devel/src/include'
> mkdir -p -- ../../include
> cp: getting attribute `trusted.lov' of `Rmath.h0': Operation not
> permitted

A Valentines Day bug? (Fiancee not Faithful) :-)

Seriously, this looks like it could be related to

http://osdir.com/ml/file-systems.lustre.user/2007/msg01107.html

If so, then it is probably something very specific to SLES and the
Lustre file system, and you need to use their support. You could try
building in a separate directory though (mkdir ../BUILD ; cd ../BUILD ;
../R/configure && make).