[R] installing R on Ubuntu

cruz cruadam at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 12:28:10 CET 2009

nice:)

The next step is to install Emacs, because we need a editor as we
code, we need to run the line as we go, so here is a very good guide
for the complete starter:

http://www.stat.rice.edu/~helpdesk/tutorial/ess.html

The official ESS manual does not bother to go into this brief, I can't
even start a R session in Emacs when I have read the ESS manual
several times, but it is getting clearer to me now as I have been
writing R codes by Emacs for a couple of weeks...

It is exactly the same as we code in Windows.

Thanks,
cruz

PS: The R gurus may find this thread annoying cause it is too trivial to them.