[R] Problems in Recommending R

hadley wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 15:38:01 CET 2009

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 8:32 AM, hadley wickham <h.wickham at gmail.com> wrote:
>>  > I don't think you should completely rule out javascript.  It's
>>  > possible to use it in ways that add to the utility of a page, while
>>  > not detracting from it if not available.
>>
>> OK, what particularly do you have in mind?

Some more ideas:

Because we are limited in terms of server side interactivity, you
could write a small script that sniffs the user agent and presents the
matching version of R most prominently.

Or use an ip2geo service to guess which cran mirror is geographically
closest and move that to the top of the list of mirrors. (e.g.
http://www.petefreitag.com/item/683.cfm)

Hadley

--
http://had.co.nz/