[R] utf8 postscript cyrillic

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sun Dec 20 10:13:27 CET 2009

'Nothing seems to work' is not at all helpful, and you seem under the
misconception that PostScript supports UTF-8 (sic): life would be much
easier for device writers if it did.

The postscript() help page says

      More details of font families and encodings and especially
      handling text in a non-Latin-1 encoding and embedding fonts can be
      found in

      Paul Murrell and Brian Ripley (2006) Non-standard fonts in
      PostScript and PDF graphics. _R News_, 6(2):41-47.  <URL:
      http://cran.r-project.org/doc/Rnews/Rnews_2006-2.pdf>.

which shows Cyrillic examples.  We can write documentation for you,
but you have to read it for yourself ....

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk