[R] Connect to internet

Millo Giovanni Giovanni_Millo at Generali.com
Tue Dec 15 12:35:34 CET 2009

(Assuming you are on Windows) Some time ago, with R-2.9.1 on WinXP, I
had success adding the --internet2 option to the program call in the
shortcut to R on my desktop, like this:
- open the shortcut
- in the "destination" tab, which should read like: "c:\Program
files\R\R-x.x.x\bin\Rgui.exe", add " --internet2" at the end.
This should call a DLL which takes the settings from your browser and
uses them. I've found this solution in this thread:
http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/Rhelp08/2009-May/199426.html

HTH,
Giovanni

Giovanni Millo