[R] A random number from any distribution?þ

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Mon Dec 14 23:59:58 CET 2009

Questionable. Doesn't this implicitly assumes that the log(stock prices) form an AR(1) series? If so, is this reasonable? And what about the occasional shocks?

Appropriate simulation of time series like stock prices is a tricky business, I believe. I would question whether your naïve approach is going to capture enough of the real dynamics to give meaningful answers. As I'm far from an expert on this sort of thing, I'll just leave it at that.

Bert Gunter
Genentech Nonclinical Biostatistics

http://devo.gene.com/groups/devo/depts/ncb/home.shtml