[R] R with atlas in ubuntu karmic 64

Jose Quesada quesada at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 12:31:59 CET 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to install R with atlas in ubuntu karmic 64. I do a lot of
matrix operations so I need performance.

Doing

 grep sse2 /proc/cpuinfo

tells me tha my CPU supports SSE2.
But I don't see libatlas3gf-sse2 in the package repositories.

Also, there seem to be some gotchas on how to install atlas, even the
vanilla one, as described here:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.r.general/159634/focus=159867

I didn't understand what Bill Dunlap proposes as a solution.
Has anyone installed R with atlas in ubuntu karmic 64? Maybe writing a
howto on a blog post would be a good idea. If I manage to install it, I
will...

Best,
-Jose
--
=== I'm minimizing email (can write w one hand only) so if you have
something that requires a long answer, please mail me a time slot and

Max Planck Institute,
Center for Adaptive Behavior and Cognition -ABC-,
Lentzeallee 94, office 224, 14195 Berlin

http://www.josequesada.name/
http://twitter.com/Quesada