[R] Another Plotting Hint - changing fill color for points

Jason Rupert jasonkrupert at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 13 00:17:27 CEST 2009

This worked great.

Regarding the second question - can you expound a bit more on the effect of the device?  Right now, as shown by the test code because I am on a Windows machine and need to import the image to Word I am using WMF.  Is there a better device that I should use that will help with the presolution of the points that are drawn?  For example, I can see white pixesl on the blue circles, and notice that is not a perfect circle.  Thanks for any information about a better way to go:

win.metafile(file=as.character(figure_file_name_and_path), pointsize = 10)
plot(-4:4, -4:4, type = "n")# setting up coord. system
points(vals_201, vals_200, col = "red", bg = "grey", pch=21, cex =1..7)
#points(vals_201, vals_200, col = "grey", bg = "white", pch=21, cex =1.5)
points(rnorm(100)/2, rnorm(100)/2, col = "blue", bg = "blue",  pch=21, cex =1.5)
dev.off()

Thanks again.