[R] configure issue

Erin Hodgess erinm.hodgess at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 20:25:47 CEST 2009

Dear R People:

I am installing R from source into Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope. (R-2.9.1)

When I do the configure, I get the following:
R is now configured for i686-pc-linux-gnu

  Source directory:          .
  Installation directory:    /usr/local

  C compiler:                gcc -std=gnu99  -g -O2
  Fortran 77 compiler:       gfortran  -g -O2

  C++ compiler:              g++  -g -O2
  Fortran 90/95 compiler:    gfortran -g -O2
  Obj-C compiler:

  Interfaces supported:
  External libraries:        readline
  Additional capabilities:   PNG, JPEG, iconv, MBCS, NLS
  Options enabled:           shared BLAS, R profiling, Java

  Recommended packages:      yes

My concern is with the Interfaces supported.  I should have Tcltk and png there.

How do I get those, please?

I installed tclx8.4 and put it into the Path.

thanks,
Sincerely,
Erin

--