[R] installing R on Solaris 10

Jeremy Willis jeremy.willis at aggiemail.usu.edu
Thu Aug 6 20:18:32 CEST 2009

Anyone have any experience installing R on UNIX or Linux,

I have a Solaris 10 server and have been trying to read the admin
guide and install the R binaries on the machine.
There are several failures due to an unknown pathname:
"ERROR: attribute verification of
</usr/local/R/lib/R/library/MASS/latex/Null.tex> failed
    pathname does not exist
    unable to fix attributes"

The initial install appears to be performed and when I choose to
display R project info it displays:
"ld.so.1: R: fatal: libreadline.so.5: open failed: No such file or directory
Killed"

Any ideas as to what I am missing or forgetting?

Thanks in advance,

--
Jeremy Willis
Mathematics and Statistics Dept