[R] Stacked plots with common x-axis and different y-axis

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 03:09:43 CEST 2009

Try this:

library(zoo)
# ignore the fact that months have different lengths
z <- with(airquality, zoo(cbind(Wind, Temp), Month + (Day - 1)/31))
plot(z) # each on separate plot stacked above each other
plot(z, screen = 1) # both on same plot

library(lattice)
xyplot(z)
xyplot(z, screen = 1)

?plot.zoo has examples of using two y axes on the same plot