[R] plot.lm cex.caption

HighSchool2005 gemeaux362 at yahoo.fr
Tue Apr 28 15:29:07 CEST 2009

Hello dear R users,

My objective is to change the size of this graphic : plot(lm(a~b), 4)
(Cook's distance)

I have found the help on the internet saying to change the size of a title
on a graphic plot(lm(a ~ b), 4), I should use the graphic parameter
cex.caption
http://stat.ethz.ch/R-manual/R-patched/library/stats/html/plot.lm.html

But in my install of R, it answers cex.caption isn't a graphic parameter :
5: "cex.caption" n'est pas un paramètre graphique in: plot.window(xlim,
ylim, log, asp, ...)

In my R help, I noticed the cex.caption doesn't appear compared to the help
I found online.

" ## S3 method for class 'lm':
     plot(x, which = c(1:3,5),
          caption = c("Residuals vs Fitted", "Normal Q-Q",
               "Scale-Location", "Cook's distance",
               "Residuals vs Leverage", "Cook's distance vs Leverage"),
          panel = if(add.smooth) panel.smooth else points,
          sub.caption = NULL, main = "",
          ask = prod(par("mfcol")) < length(which) && dev.interactive(),
          ...,
          id.n = 3, labels.id = names(residuals(x)), cex.id = 0.75,
          qqline = TRUE, cook.levels = c(0.5, 1.0),
          add.smooth = getOption("add.smooth"), label.pos = c(4,2))"

Do you have a solution?

Thank you very much