[R] estimate abnormality

elisia elisabetta.fabris at guest.telecomitalia.it
Tue Apr 28 15:26:48 CEST 2009

I have identified the outlier of the time series "duration of conversation in
minutes" of the telephone traffic to an operator, through residuals
analysis.I must provide an estimate of the abnormality and I thought to
consider the value of the residual and multiply by the coefficient of
variation of estimated values by the model. I also calculated the
coefficient of variation of the average time of conversation that best
interprets the trend of time series. How to can calculate a single measure
of variability for these two indices? There is another multiplicative factor
which allows to obtain a correct estimate abnormality?