[R] explicit documentation

Wacek Kusnierczyk Waclaw.Marcin.Kusnierczyk at idi.ntnu.no
Tue Apr 21 10:57:15 CEST 2009

Duncan Murdoch wrote:
> ronggui wrote:
>> It is always unfair to complain about volunteer work, and what you
>> should do is to make contributions.
>>

> I only half agree with this:

... and i half agree with this (thus quarter agree with that).  i think
it's pretty fair to complain about unclear documentation *without*
proposing a rewrite.  after all, one may be complaining because one is
unable to understand from the existing docs what the intended and
to-be-documented behaviour is, and this is hardly a position from which
to propose concrete modifications.  but a message that a help page is
unclear can still be useful -- it should, however, clearly explain why
the page is not considered clear.

vQ