[R] explicit documentation

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Mon Apr 20 16:21:36 CEST 2009

ronggui wrote:
> It is always unfair to complain about volunteer work, and what you
> should do is to make contributions.

I only half agree with this:  I think that it's fair to complain, as
long as you make contributions.  With documentation, if you don't think
it's clear, as part of your complaint you should rewrite it in a way
that is clear:  then the author can understand what you found unclear
about it.  (It may well happen that your revision isn't accepted,
because it may be less clear than the original in the author's opinion,
or it may be incorrect:  but at least it saves the author the time of
trying to figure out what you'd prefer.)

Duncan Murdoch