[R] weird error with contourplot

Don MacQueen macq at llnl.gov
Thu Apr 16 16:55:23 CEST 2009

Looking at ?contourplot, it would appear it should be ok to set region=TRUE.

So this is a case of "time to explore".

Have you tried levelplot instead of contourplot? The default for
levelplot is region=TRUE, vs region=FALSE for contourplot. If
levelplot also fails, that tells you something different than if
levelplot succeeds. Exactly what it tells you I'm not sure, but it's
information!

Are you familiar with the traceback() function? If not, call it
immediately after contourplot() fails. The output of traceback()
often leads to an understanding of what went wrong.

Try contourplot() with fewer levels (a smaller value for cuts, and
see if it succeeds with some smaller value.

-Don