[R] Labeling points on plot on relative warp scores?

Jim Lemon jim at bitwrit.com.au
Sun Apr 12 14:15:47 CEST 2009

stephalope wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am plotting relative warp scores (equivalent to pca scores) and I want to
> label (color code and shape) the points by group. I can't figure out how to
> do this beyond simple plotting.
>
> plot(RW1, RW2);
>
> Do I need to make vectors of each group and then plot them separately onto
> the same plot? How do I go about this?

Hi stephalope,
I've done this with "boxed.labels" in the plotrix package for factor
analyses or PCAs when there aren't many variables. I use strong
background colors for the box and white text for the variable names. You
may have to shift some labels apart if they overlap, but it gives an
easy to understand illustration of simple factor structures or PCAs.

Jim