[R] Error in saveLog(currentLogFileName

Prew, Paul Paul.Prew at ecolab.com
Thu Apr 9 20:17:24 CEST 2009

David,  thank you for your helpful reply.

a) The sessionInfo goof is actually kind of enlightening.  I'm assuming that the purpose of adding the "()" symbols is to tell R that sessionInfo is a function to be invoked, and leaving "()" empty  says to use default arguments?

b)  In the R GUI, I end my session by using the menu File > Exit.  A dialog appears, asking, "Save workspace image?", and I choose Yes.

In fact, I just did it and got a message, never seen this one before

"Console not found.  Error in structure(.External"dotTclObjv:,objv,	PACKAGE - "tcltk"), class = "tclObj"):[tcl]invalid command name ".6.1".

Closed that message, another similar message was behind it, but now the command name was "17.1"

c) yes, agreed --- John Fox has been helpful to me a couple of times.  I like the R Commander (it automatically adds those pesky details like () that elude me), but I can't go the CRAN to get packages from it, so I end up back at the GUI to install a package.  John has told me that moving back and forth between the GUI and Commander is not how Commander was intended to be used.  Perhaps this practice has led to some of the present confusions.

Let's say I save a script or history or similar file that I would like to recall at a later time,
If I save the file using RCommander, should I only open the file using R Commander?  Ditto for R GUI?  Regardless of which platform I'm saving the files with, they seem to have some of the same extensions, ".R", ".r", ".Rdata", etc.

Thanks,
Paul

Paul Prew  |  Statistician
651-795-5942   |   fax 651-204-7504
Ecolab Research Center  | Mail Stop ESC-F4412-A
655 Lone Oak Drive  |  Eagan, MN 55121-1560