[R] Eclipse and StatET Howto (also added Subversion, Rtools)

Ken-JP kfmfe04 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 23:37:32 CEST 2009

Yes, I have x11-common installed, and dpkg -S /etc/X11/rgb.txt shows "not
found" for me.
This is on Ubuntu 8.10 amd64.

Thanks for the detailed explanation on how R decides on where to install
packages!
I think I ran into problems when I haphazardly intermixed "sudo R" with "R"
before installing packages.

-------------------------------------

BTW, is there a way to install all packages via:

> install.packages(available.packages()[,1])

for Ubuntu without building everything?

I noticed quite a few errors when I tried this - build problems probably
mostly due to missing installations in the OS.

It was much nicer when I tried this on Windoze, and everything was pulled in
cleanly and quickly.

Is there a reason that packages seem to be in r-cran-XXX via "apt-get
install" for Ubuntu?
There must be an obvious reason that I don't know about...

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

- Ken