[R] error when going through Alan Lenarcic's package Tutorial

markleeds at verizon.net markleeds at verizon.net
Wed Apr 1 01:24:04 CEST 2009

   apologies for my screwed up send. it looks really funked when I read it
   so my mail settings must be messed up. I'll resend it later tonight from
   a different computer.

   On Mar 31, 2009, markleeds at verizon.net wrote:

     Hi Everyone: I've been going through Alan Lenarcic's package tutorial but
     when I did
     R CMD SHLIB Xdemo.cc Xdemo_main.cc -o Xdemo.dll
     I got the following error:
     XDemo_res.rc:15:38: warning: missing terminating " character
     XDemo_res.rc:23:34: warning: missing terminating ' character
     c:\mark\research\Rtools\MinGW\bin\windres.exe: XDemo_res.rc:16: syntax
     error
     make: *** [XDemo_res.o] Error 1
     The XDemo_res.rc file is below but I can't tell from that what the error
     might be ?Ã
     His tutorialà was constructed in 2007 so maybe something has changed
     slightly which is causing the problem ? I realize that this
     is a pretty undetailedà description soà if anyone is interested in helping
     me, I can send the DESCRIPTION file and NAMESPACE fileÃ
     or the link to his package tutorial etc. Ã I'm using R 2.8.1 on windows.
     Oh,
     also , if anyone does respond, I won't be able to respond back till after
     11pm US Ã Eastern Time. Thanks a lot.
     #include <windows.h>
     #include "Rversion.h"
     VS_VERSION_INFO VERSIONINFO
     FILEVERSION R_FILEVERSION
     PRODUCTVERSION 3,0,0,0
     FILEFLAGSMASK 0x3L
     FILEOS VOS__WINDOWS32
     FILETYPE VFT_APP
     BEGIN
     Ã Ã Ã BLOCK "StringFileInfo"
     Ã Ã Ã BEGIN
     Ã Ã Ã Ã Ã Ã Ã BLOCK "040904E4"
     Ã Ã Ã Ã Ã Ã Ã BEGIN
     Ã Ã Ã Ã Ã Ã Ã Ã Ã Ã Ã VALUE "FileDescription", "DLL for R package `test
     Version: 0.0