[R] error when going through Alan Lenarcic's package Tutorial

markleeds at verizon.net markleeds at verizon.net
Wed Apr 1 01:15:48 CEST 2009

   Hi Everyone: I've been going through Alan Lenarcic's package tutorial but
   when I did
   R CMD SHLIB Xdemo.cc Xdemo_main.cc -o Xdemo.dll
   I got the following error:
   XDemo_res.rc:15:38: warning: missing terminating " character

   XDemo_res.rc:23:34: warning: missing terminating ' character

   c:\mark\research\Rtools\MinGW\bin\windres.exe: XDemo_res.rc:16: syntax error

   make: *** [XDemo_res.o] Error 1
   The XDemo_res.rc file is below but I can't tell from that what the error
   might be ?Â
   His  tutorial  was constructed in 2007 so maybe something has changed
   slightly which is causing the problem ? I realize that this
   is a pretty undetailed description so if anyone is interested in helping
   me, I can send the DESCRIPTION file and NAMESPACE fileÂ
   or the link to his package tutorial etc. Â I'm using R 2.8.1 on windows. Oh,
   also , if anyone does respond, I won't be able to respond back till after
   11pm US Â Eastern Time. Thanks a lot.
   #include <windows.h>
   #include "Rversion.h"

   VS_VERSION_INFO VERSIONINFO
   FILEVERSION R_FILEVERSION
   PRODUCTVERSION 3,0,0,0
   FILEFLAGSMASK 0x3L
   FILEOS VOS__WINDOWS32
   FILETYPE VFT_APP
   BEGIN
   Â Â Â  BLOCK "StringFileInfo"
   Â Â Â  BEGIN
   Â Â Â Â Â Â Â  BLOCK "040904E4"
   Â Â Â Â Â Â Â  BEGIN
   Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â  VALUE "FileDescription", "DLL for R package `test
   Version: 0.0