[R] propensity score adjustment using R

ran2 bunny at lautloscrew.com
Thu Sep 18 19:52:22 CEST 2008

Ben Domingue wrote:

> I'm not quite sure what you mean.  If all you need is propensity
> scores to run an IPW analysis, the fitted values should work.  Having
> many binary covariates shouldn't be a problem, the whole point of the
> propensity score is boiling down many dimensions to a single one.
> I use matchit() for my psm needs, but it may not be so useful for IPW.
>
> Ben

Yes, for now that is all i need. I just wanted to know if fitted.values is
all I need for IPW, because i was not sure how they were estimated by R. I
know the pscore is boiling it down to one scalar, just said that in reply to
Frank E Harrell advocating for covariate adjustment, because i thought he
referred to all the covariates. Anyway, thx Ben, this helped a lot. Just
wanted to use pscores apart from all the matching algorithm and so forth.

So fitted.values are essentially the probabilities for inclusion ?