[R] Code contribution

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 13:43:00 CET 2008

Hello,

On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 7:25 PM, Андрей Парамонов <cmr.pent at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't want to put it to CRAN yet because it mostly consists of
> specialized helper functions which are presumably not valuable for
> other people.
>
> But I think 2 of the functions are general and useful enough to share
> the code. Do you think it is worth to include these into one of the
> base packages so many people may benefit?

Not an expert, but I think it would be more difficult to get functions
within the base packages. At any rate, why not release a minimalistic
package with the functions that could prove of general interest; from
a perspective such a package wouldn't be much different from Hmisc.
This way later you could easily add other functions.

Regards,
Liviu