[R] How to make the connection between MikTEX and R

Felipe Carrillo mazatlanmexico at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 15 18:12:47 CEST 2008

Hi:
After a couple of days trying to synchonize or connect MiKTex and R I'm getting a little frustrated. My knowledge about creating and running batch
files is kind of limited so, I was wondering if someone could explain in plain english how to do this task. I'm able to run MiKtex by itself and accomplish what I am trying to do, but I want to be able to use the Sweave function from within R (or Tinn-R)and generate my dynamic reports from there. I'm running windows XP and R 2.7.2. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Felipe D. Carrillo
Supervisory Fishery Biologist
Department of the Interior
US Fish & Wildlife Service