[R] 64bit R for Mac

Blanchette, Marco MAB at stowers-institute.org
Mon Nov 24 15:34:18 CET 2008

Dear R gurus,

On the CRAN website, it says that a 64bit version for Mac OS Tiger would be release shortly. Do we know what are the expected dates? Will the packages be also compiled for 64bit?

We are running large microarray analysis and we keep hitting the 3Gb memory limit.

I saw that there is a version available on the development mirrors, but I am not too excited to replace our very stable and reliable 32bit version with a 64bit binary that might not be that stable and with packages that would need to be 64bit compiled on site...

Cheers
--
Marco Blanchette, Ph.D.
Assistant Investigator