[R] R 2.8. and languageR

Ben Bolker bolker at ufl.edu
Mon Nov 10 17:21:15 CET 2008

Audrey Bürki Foschini <audrey.buerki <at> pse.unige.ch> writes:

> I now would like to use new functions of this library (especially
> plotLMER.fnc) and have downloaded R 2.8.0.
>
> Error messages appear when I load the languageR library (I have tried
> several times on different computers but this doesn't help.:
> Attachement du package : 'Matrix'
[snip]

> I guess this is the reason why I cannot use the lmer function with
> this version of R.

  These are warnings, not errors.
  Are you sure you are actually unable to use lmer, or are
you just being scared off by the warning messages?
Try typing sessionInfo() after you get the messages and
see whether Matrix, lme4, and languageR are in your
list of loaded packages.

  good luck
    Ben Bolker