[R] In fact this is a Stats question, but... "The return."... Again!

eesteves at ualg.pt eesteves at ualg.pt
Fri May 30 14:39:58 CEST 2008

Dear All,
I suspect I'm becoming a bit anoying but... following the "question"
about the low r2 vs signific regression (thru ANCOVA), the reviewer
suggested (and I quote here):

'If you used RNA/DNA ratios as the dependent variable, but gut content
as the independent variable, and fish length as the covariate you
would be able to state that ?Gut content had no significant influence
on RNA/DNA ratios after controlling for fish length?'.

Is it possible/sensible to perform ANCOVA with a indep (categ) var
(e.g. factor GUT in the previous msg) and a continuous covariate
(larval length)? If yes, how can I do it in R? I can not figure it out
by myself!

Thanks again. Regards, Eduardo