[R] opening multiple connections at once

Matje van de Camp webmistress at matje.net
Sun May 18 16:07:37 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I'm new to R and I'm writing an R program that gets called on by a shell
script.
The shell script creates several directories with files, the names vary
according to whatever I use as input to the shell script. I need to make
connections to certain files in R (about 100 files in total). I have
managed to either pass the directory paths or a list of all files in the
directories into R.
How can I make my R program open connections to all files in the
directory or in the file list?
I have searched the R-help archives and Google, but I can't seem to find
an answer. Or at least no answers I can understand. Does anyone have a
simple solution for me?

Thanks in advance!

Matje