[R] plot(summary) within quantreg package

Achim Zeileis Achim.Zeileis at wu-wien.ac.at
Sun May 18 13:45:06 CEST 2008

On Sun, 18 May 2008, rocchini at unisi.it wrote:

> Quantreg package allows to plot the summary of models derived by quantile
> regression at different taus.
> The plot shows the parameters variation by varying taus: intercept and
> slope (for a linear model).
> Together with these values even confidence intervals may be plotted, based
> on the threshold given within the summary (e.g. alpha=0.01 equals 99% CI).
> However the graphic even plots the mean of all the values as a red line
> together with CI. I would like to remove such a useless information from
> the graphic.

1. It's not the "mean of all values", it's the OLS coefficients with
    associated confidence bounds.
2. Be more polite. Not everyone will share your judgement that this
    information is useless.
3. Read the docs: Argument lcol can be used to modify the properties of
    the OLS lines, e.g. plot(sfm, lcol = "transparent")