[R] Bar Charts

hoogeebear jack200519 at yahoo.ie
Thu May 8 12:41:54 CEST 2008

Hi,

I created some bar charts. My first one is concerned with males, and my
second concerned with females.
Is there a way I can put the charts into one chart? There is 2 different
columns in each file. Here is my new file containing males and females:

gender,familar
Female,Yes
Female,Yes
Female,Yes
Female,Yes
Female,Yes
Female,No
Female,Yes
Female,Yes
Female,Yes
Female,Yes
Female,Yes
Female,Yes
Female,No
Female,Yes
Female,No
Female,Yes
Female,Yes
Female,Yes
Female,Yes
Female,Yes
Male,Yes
Male,Yes
Male,Yes
Male,No
Male,No
Male,Yes
Male,Yes
Male,Yes
Male,Yes
Male,Yes
Male,Yes
Male,Yes
Male,Yes
Male,Yes
Male,Yes
Male,Yes
Male,Yes
Male,Yes
Male,Yes
Male,No
Male,Yes
Male,Yes

Here is the code I use for creating a female chart:
library(plotrix)
library(prettyR)
female_familar <-read.table("C://females.csv", sep=",", header=TRUE)
barp(rbind(rep(length(female_familar$gender),2),freq(female_familar$familar)[[1]]),
ylab="20 Females participated in the survey",
col=4:5,names.arg=c("Females        No(3)","Females       Yes(17)"))
legend("topright",c("Females","Familarity"),fill=4:5)

Does the above need to change much to include males and females in the one
bar chart?

Hope to hear from someone soon.

Regards,

Jack.