[R] Thinking about using two y-scales on your plot?

Jan T. Kim jtk at cmp.uea.ac.uk
Wed Mar 26 11:21:51 CET 2008

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 05:29:38PM -0500, hadley wickham wrote:
> Please read this first:
> http://www.perceptualedge.com/articles/visual_business_intelligence/dual-scaled_axes.pdf

Thanks for this pointer, interesting read. As an additional alternative
to dual scales, le'ts not forget about scatterplots, which I didn't
see mentioned in that paper -- frequently, when you're stuck because
you can't dispense with either y-axis, it's easy to forget the option
to do without your current x-axis... ;-)

Best regards, Jan

 |             email: jtk at cmp.uea.ac.uk                               |
 |             WWW:   http://www.cmp.uea.ac.uk/people/jtk             |