[R] Can not install fCalendar package under R 2.6.2

Yan Wang ywang67 at isye.gatech.edu
Sun Mar 23 05:10:17 CET 2008

I have previously sent a same email to r-help at list.r-project.org, however
I am not sure if the mailing address has been changed to this one. If the
duplicated messages are received twice, I am sorry for that and please
delete one of them.

Dear R helper:
When I was trying to install the fCalendar package, R report the following
error and then my installation failed:

* Installing *source* package 'fCalendar' ...
** R
** inst
** preparing package for lazy loading

  RUnit 0.4.17 loaded.
Error in .Internal(putenv(x)) : no internal function "putenv"
Calls: <Anonymous> ... sys.source -> eval -> eval -> .currentYear -> Sys.setenv
Execution halted
ERROR: lazy loading failed for package 'fCalendar'
** Removing '/usr/local/lib/R/site-library/fCalendar'

by the way, my system is Ubuntu 7.04,
platform       i486-pc-linux-gnu
arch           i486
os             linux-gnu
system         i486, linux-gnu

I tried to look for  putenv myself, R reported that it is a deprecated function
in "base" package, I loaded the "base" package and still end up with the same
Error report.

Pls do help me.

Yan Wang
Georgia Institute of Technology
School of Industrial and Systems Engineering

E-mail address:   ywang67 at isye.gatech.edu