[R] coxme - bug / error

Rasanga Ruwanthi ruwanthi_kdr at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 20 14:17:53 CET 2008

Hello everyone,

Many thanks to Terry Therneau for giving me a solution for my previous problem re coxme function.

Now, I am using a bigger dataset to fit the same model; random treatment effect nested within centre. I used the command

coxme(Surv(time, status) ~ factor(treat), data=data1, random = ~1 | centre/treat)

But as soon as I entered this command, R dies with an error message "R for windows GUI front-end has encountered a problem and need to close ".  I am using R in Windows, R version is 2.6.0.

Has anyone ever had this type of error? Thanks for any help.

Ruwanthi