[R] problems with rgl in Ubuntu 'gutsy'

Ben Bolker bolker at ufl.edu
Tue Mar 18 14:33:50 CET 2008

Hans Ekbrand <hans <at> sociologi.cjb.net> writes:

  [snip snip snip]

> On my system that window can be moved and even resized without
> problems (keeping a high rendering rate). Sorry, but I my test didn't
> give any conclusive new facts about the cause of the problem.

  If you have fancy 3D graphics effects turned on, try
turning them off.

  (System -> Preferences -> Appearance ->
Visual Effects -> None ("Provides a simple
desktop appearance ...")

  unfortunately rgl and compiz/etc. both try to use
the same OpenGL interface, so you can't use both at
the same time.

  Ben