[R] Windows Vista 64-bit support

Daniel Gatti dmgatti at email.unc.edu
Tue Mar 18 14:09:05 CET 2008

OK, so there is a 32-bit version of R that runs on Vista, but no 64-bit
version, due to the lack of 64-bit compilers.  Is there a forecast for
when a 64-bit version of R might compile in Vista?

Dan

From: chaogai <chaogai at duineveld.demon.nl>
The standard windows build works in Vista 64. A 64 bits build depends on
tools outside the realm of the R-core team; a 64 bits compiler