[R] Time scale x-axis, Reformat data.table

Stephan K. kochsteph at gmx.de
Tue Mar 18 13:55:57 CET 2008

Hello,

i'm pretty new on R and i'm sure the problem i have is easy to fix.

my data table looks like

223344 556677.3
123455 665545.3
......... .............

and so one

i wanna plot that table but the firts column is a time with hhmmss.

So i think i have to reformat the column (and maybe give it another class
??), because when i plot the data now i have gap every "hour"  because one
hour has got 60 minutes and then then the hour switches to the next in my
data table. We recorded magnetic field over the whole day.
(125959->130000),or maybe i have to set a parameter for plot() so that my
x-axis represent a time scale with the format hh:mm:ss.

I searched the forum but i didn't found a solution, maybe it's too simple
...;-)

Thanks

Stephan