[R] Which distribution best fits the data?

Ben Bolker bolker at ufl.edu
Mon Jun 30 14:21:21 CEST 2008

~    Much better.

~  If m is your linear regression model,

~  * boxcox(m) in the MASS package will look for a power (more or less)
transformation to normalize the residuals -- see the
book for more information

~  * plot(m) will produce plots including a Q-Q plot
(testing normality) of the residuals

~  * don't forget to check for autocorrelation in the
residuals (acf(residuals(m)))

~  Ben Bolker