[R] Code to calculate internal rate of return

Thomas E thomas at elger.se
Thu Jul 31 18:05:48 CEST 2008

Hi all.

I am an R newbie and trying to grasp how the simple optimization routines in
R work. Specifically, I would like some guidance on how to set up a code to
calculate the internal rate of return on an investment project
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internal_rate_of_return).

My main problem (I think) is that I want a generic code where N (number of
periods) can be easily changed and set within the code,

Hope this makes sense - any help appreciated !!!

Thomas