[R] Is there an equivalent * operator?

Felix Andrews felix at nfrac.org
Thu Jul 24 14:34:46 CEST 2008

If you really want to work with character strings, you could do something like
data.s1 <- data$date[grep(".*-Sep-.*", date)]

(see ?regexp for more on pattern matching)

but there are better ways to handle dates. You should convert the
character strings into Date objects: see ?Date. And check out the zoo
package.

-Felix