[R] Problem installing R on openSUSE 10.3

A Ezhil ezhil02 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 15 16:08:24 CEST 2008

Dear All,

I am trying to install R 2.7 on my openSUSE 10.3. I have faithfully followed instruction at http://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/suse/ReadMe.txt. I have downloaded all the RPMs but still R complains about:

libtcl8.4.so is needed by R-base-2.7.1-6.1.i586

I searched for this library and found a one, tcl-8.4.15-22.i586.rpm at openSUSE distribution site and installed. But R still complains about the same missing library.

I don't know what I have to do now. Could please help me fixing this?

Thanks.

Best regards,
Ezhil