[R] latex styling for R regression outputs

Paul Hiemstra p.hiemstra at geo.uu.nl
Thu Jul 3 11:46:15 CEST 2008

Hi Matthias,

You can use the R-package Sweave to mix latex and R code. The Sweave
manual gives a good introduction on how to use the package.

If you just want to create a table for use in latex you could consider
using the xtable package. A small example:

 > xtable(aov(lm(speed~dist, cars)))
% latex table generated in R 2.7.1 by xtable 1.5-2 package
% Thu Jul  3 11:44:34 2008
\begin{table}[ht]
\begin{center}
\begin{tabular}{lrrrrr}
  \hline
 & Df & Sum Sq & Mean Sq & F value & Pr($>$F) \\
  \hline
dist & 1 & 891.98 & 891.98 & 89.57 & 0.0000 \\
  Residuals & 48 & 478.02 & 9.96 &  &  \\
   \hline
\end{tabular}
\end{center}
\end{table}

cheers and hth,
Paul

Matthias Bannert wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> i recently found the latex() command in the Hmisc library and i am
> trying to style some regression outputs with latex. i am pretty new to
> latex and math mode. So I wonder if there´s some sample script for a
> basic output. I read lots of econometrics books and regression outputs
> looked the same all the way. I mean there must be the one simple
> styling that is been used so often.
>
> I´d be really happy if someone could tell me a starting point for
> beginning to use R and latex together.
>
> thanks in advance
> --

Drs. Paul Hiemstra