[R] R and Vista

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Wed Jan 16 16:36:50 CET 2008

On 1/16/2008 10:19 AM, marciarr wrote:
> Hello R users,
> I have been using R for a while on xp and have just updated my system to
> vista. Have encountered some problems... First and main problem is that i
> cannot make R recognize my own written functions by coping them into the
> Rprofile.site on the etc folder. For some reason, this very useful tool
> seems not to be working anymore. Could someone help?? Any other suggestion
> to make R start with my functions?

What does the command

R.home()

print in an R session on your system? Can you add "/etc/Rprofile.site"
to the end, and read the file?  For example, on my system I see

 > R.home()
[1] "F:\\R\\R-2.6.1"

and see

 > readLines("F:\\R\\R-2.6.1/etc/Rprofile.site")
  [1] "# Things you might want to change"

  [2] ""

  [3] "# options(papersize=\"a4\")"

  [4] "# options(editor=\"notepad\")"