[R] Sorting of captions on axes

mika03 someone29_7 at yahoo.de
Fri Jan 4 16:44:12 CET 2008

Hello,

I think this might be a beginner question, but I couldn't find the answer in
the manual...

http://www.nabble.com/file/p14618947/at-modality.png

I created this image with R by using the following code:

modality <- read.table("results.table", header=TRUE, sep=",")
color <- c("red3","green3","blue3","orange2","purple2","brown4")
plot(modality, col=color)

The data I read in has this format:
38355  GeneralInfo      Textual
38356  GeneralInfo      Textual
38357       Person      Textual
38358       Person  Combination
38359       Advice      Textual
38360  GeneralInfo      Textual

The plot is exactly what I want, except for the sorting of the captions on
the axes.

I want to have them in a specfic order which is for the x-axis: Textual,
Graphic, Video, Combination
The y-axis shoul also sorted in different way, moreover some labels are
missing here, that's not good!

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks a ton,
Michael