[R] question about calling winbugs in R

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Fri Feb 15 11:31:57 CET 2008

Xin wrote:
> Dear All:
>
>   Do you have any experience on calling winbugs in R enviorment? I uploaded

So you installed them, I assume?

> R2winbgus, pktools, BRugs, ect. in order to call winbugs. In the end, I try to use bugs(). The error message still displays that bugs() can not find.

What is the exact error message and what did you type exactly?

If bugs() is not found, you may have forgotten to load the package, if
WinBUGS was not found, you might have misspecified the path to WinBUGS.

Note that R2WinBUGS is per se intended to be a WinBUGS interface while
BRugs is intended for the more modern OpenBUGS.

Uwe Ligges